Hi all,

I am running MySQL 3.23.38 on a Sun Solaris 8 platform.  During my
program's execution, I get an "Lost connection to server" error and it
terminates.  This occurred during creation of an index on an existing
table.  I'll need help with this error once I get my machine back.  When
the program terminates, I believe MySQL is still working in the
background.  The "used" capacity of my hard drive continues to climb
until I run out of disk space.  The only way to stop it is to reboot.
However, this last time on reboot the machine's hard drive is still
full.  I've had this happen before and managed to stumble across the
temp files that needed to be deleted.  No such luck this time.  Where
are the temp files located when MySQL is doing it's magic?  I can't
delete (using the mysql tool) any indices I created (ERROR 1030: Got
error 28 from table handler) and am basically stuck.

Hope I've given enough info.

Thanks for all your help,

Kay Bowen

Tec-Masters, Inc.