Howdy,
I'm running version 3.23.41 on RH7.2. For the life of me I can't figure out why
I can't stop mysqld. Linuxconf was where I first noticed this where mysqld would
not respond to the stop request. I then tried to reboot the box and watched the
shutdown process and noticed that mysqld failed the stop request. The only way
to 'stop' mysqld is to use the 'killall mysqld' command. Any ideas on what could
be wrong. If there is scripting changes, please give me very specific
instructions.

Thanks......