Dear Bennett,

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Bennett Haselton wrote:
> After converting the data in my project from text files to MySQL tables,
> things are certainly working more smoothly than they were before, but since
> I use objects (in Perl, which barely supports objects, but that's another
> story) I have to write a lot of annoyingly repetitive code to create the
> object, run a query on the database to get the data that I need, set the
> object's member variables equal to the results returned from the query, and
> then do all those steps in reverse if the object's member values have
> changed later.

Hmm... I'm sure plenty of people would disagree strongly with your remark
of bad OO support in Perl. But, that is beside the point. You could either
search CPAN (http://www.cpan.org/) and see if you find what you need there
(Surely somebody had the same problem already), and if not, take a look at
the AUTOLOAD "magic" sub in Perl (that'd be perldoc perlsub, search for
'Autoloading').

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Jan

--
Mr. Jan-Aage Bruvoll             IT Project Manager
20 Min Holding, Thurgauerstrasse 40, CH-8050 Zurich