Hi,
I am using 4.0 and switching from MyISAM to InnoDB,
 so quite newbie on this:

I have  a couple of questions:

1) First, I read in the docs that the minimal thing to
do is to add to /etc/my.cnf
innodb_data_file_path=ibdata/ibdata1:2000M
(although the ibdata file is some 67M in /var/lib/mysql)
which resulted in me not being able to connect
 with /usr/bin/mysqld_safe &

. When I commented out the innodb line, I could connect
 fine. If I need InnoDB, does this mean that I should
comment out the myIsam settings(like table-cache etc)?
Can one perhaps provide a working /etc/my.cnf
 for a fairly large (PIIIx1000MHZ, 1GB RAM, 37GB HD
SCSI) machine with INNODB?

2) I also assume that in the same database it is NOT
possible to have some InnoDB and some MyISAM tables.
 Is that right?

3) Assuming I manage to get /etc/my.cnf right,
I understand that:
a) mysqld should not be started automatically
Is that right?
b) I do not need to recreate the database,
 just do an ALTER TABLE for all database tables, right?

Thanks,
Spiros Alexiou
P.S> I am moving from MyISAM because of bad corruption
problems. Is it possible to get table corruption with
InnoDB and if so, under what circumstances?