I'm sorry but I have tried to solved this on my own, but I'm unable to.  I
have a RH system and I installed the (at the time) most current stable mysql
system 3.23.43-1 and have it up and running.  The problem that I have is
that I want to start working with Perl and MySQL, but don't know what I
really need.  The Powertools of RH6.2 had an rpm called
mysql-perl-3.20.32a-3.i386.rpm which seems to match the mysql server,
client, and shared versions that came on the powertools cd.  I've tried to
installed the mysql-perl-3.20.32a-3.i386.rpm but it fails wanting
libmysqlclient.so.4 to be installed and I have libmysqlclient.so.10
installed with the 3.23.43 server, client, and shared rpms.  I've been to
rpmfind.org and have searched extensively for mysql-perl (which gives me the
mysql-perl-3.20.32a-3.i386.rpm and that's about it), a search for mysql
gives a bunch of files but I'm really not sure what I need having never used
modules in perl before.  I feel like an idiot here, but this is what I have:

RH 6.2
mysql 3.23.43-1
mysql-client-3.23.43-1
mysql-shared-3.23.43-1
mysql-devel-3.23.43-1
perl 5.6.1 installed from CPAN

With this system what do I need to do to utilize Perl with MySQL?