The mysql-perl had something called the Perl DBI. Go to this url:

        http://www.mysql.com/downloads/api-dbi.html

Get the DBI and the Mysql-Perl tarballs. They are funny to install, but
basicly you untar them:

  tar zxvf <file>

then, in the directory created by that:

perl Makefile.PL
make
make install

You can optionally stick make test inbetween make and make install.

I don't know of a decent MySQL Perl DBI in RPM format that keeps up with the
latest and greatest MySQL.