Hi!

On Nov 26, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> > Second - probably it's a bug. I cannot say much as the code used by this
> > query was removed from MySQL source tree. It was replaced by completely
> > new boolean search engine written from scratch. Unfortunately it was
> > done several days _after_ 4.0.0 release.
> >
> > Wait for 4.0.1 - it should be out in a few days.
>
> Question - how much (if any) performance improvement is to be expected from
> the new boolean search engine for FTS in 4.0.1?
>
> Regards.
> Gordan

I didn't test it yet.

The one thing I can say just now that unlike natural language search
code (as exists in MySQL in 3.23) it need not to build the complete list
of matched documents in memory in advance. It means that with LIMIT it
should be MUCH faster than the old code.  Unfortunately, it also means
that it does not "auto-magically" return documents with relevance
decreased (without ORDER BY, that is).

Regards,
Sergei

--