> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a posibility to count the datatraffic of a database at my
> mysqldb-server.
> The clients should got only select-rights on thier databases. And
> I need to
> count the resultset datatraffic of their select-queries.
>
> I'm using mysql version 3.23.39.
>
> I was looking for some logfiles entries at the logging mode, but
> there were
> only the queries in the <HOSTNAME>.log file. Not the size of the
> resultsets.
>
> What could I do to reach my aim.
> I hope somebody know some good tutorials in the web, or could write me a
> posibility to reach that.

SHOW STATUS will give you an indication on how much
traffic is moved between your server and the clients
(look for "bytes sent" and "bytes received") - but
only the totals for the server are displayed. I very
much doubt you can get the data by client or connection.

I'm curious as to *why* you're doing this. For billing?
In that case the data traffic is a lousy metric for
how many resources each client is hogging. The complexity
of the queries is by far more important than the amount
of data moved.

/ Carsten
--
Carsten H. Pedersen
keeper and maintainer of the bitbybit.dk MySQL FAQ