From: Etienne Marcotte [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 12:16 PM
To: raezor
Cc: MySQL Lists; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Please redo this horrible web page

I know you won't read my answer since I'm not from mysql

but I wanna give my 2 cents.

First don't you think you could go the "smooth" way for making a
request? Either I'm not in a good mood or I can't read english, but your
post seemed harsh.

It's probably a really huge task to have this archive in a better way,
yes it would help, having a searcheable index, search function, etc etc.
But if you fool around a little you'll realize that all mail archives
are this way (check the one of [EMAIL PROTECTED])

Anyways, I don't think by writing "Let's make everything as hard as is
possible for the "newbies"." you'll help our newbie cause.

Etienne

raezor wrote:

> Let's make everything as hard as is possible for the "newbies".
>
>  Please alphabetize or at least use some sort of date organization for
the
> http://lists.mysql.com/cgi-ez/ezmlm-cgi/1#b instead of making us
search
> through every entry, including those that have never been responded
to. The
> Messages by date are messages by submitter. If this is not true, make
the
> site say date=Nov.1(listed messages) Nov.2(listed messages). What a
waste of
> time this is for anyone, nonetheless us newbies. I assumed the purpose
of
> this list was to make things easier. If I am incorrect or viewing this
> incorrectly, please reply and let me know (only responses from email
address
> @mysql.com will be read).
>
> thanks

Etienne Marcotte
Specifications Management - Quality Control
Imperial Tobacco Ltd. - Montreal (Qc) Canada
514.932.6161 x.4001