Ms./Mrs. Marcotte,

   First, since you asked, I am not a smooth talker, I am an asshole through
and through. When things aren't right I'll be the first to let you know.
Have you ever seen the movie "The American President"? Well, in order to
make things work for non-pro's the pro's have to be reminded we are not all
pro's. ...and consequently the layout really is hard to use timely and
effectively!!!

   This site is very hard to use to gain knowledge from other user's
questions, unless you spend a freakin' week looking through all the entries.
This is not the user's fault, it's the layout designer's fault. They started
this site to make things easier. I will admit, things are a bit easier than
not having this site afforded to us; as a newbie to MySQL, I use the Manual
pages every day. Things on the list are no way near how easy they can be. I
cannot fathom why this is not a newsgroup, and why every person/eu has to be
flooded with so much email that has nothing to do with them or their
queries. Mailing lists just seem stupid to me. Someone please help me to
understand why we are being subjected to so much email, when this could just
be a posting, and we review the postings.

   As for your archive statement: The existing archive really has nothing to
do with it. They extract the data from the archive first, then post to the
page in what ever format they want. They can update and re-layout the page
in minutes. The layout designer knows how to use and manipulate the
timestamp.

'nuff said?