Every connection will carry some overhead cost. So you'll have to
connect as few times as possible.

Jerry wrote:

    J: Hi!
    J:
    J: I have a problem! Too many connections error in myODBC.
    J:
    J: I am wondering now how to optimize the code...
    J:
    J: What is better, to make 14 open.comm and close.conn on a web page or to open
    J: once and close once?
    J:
    J: Asked differently, is it better to connect to database one and be connected
    J: until all code is generated or is it better to connect for every piece of
    J: information that is needed?
    J:
    J: What should I also be looking for in optimizing my pages? I don't have near
    J: 100 users simultaniously accessing database!
    J:
    J: Yours
    J:
    J: Jerry
    J:
    J:
    J: ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    J: Before posting, please check:
    J:    http://www.mysql.com/manual.php   (the manual)
    J:
    J: To request this thread, e-mail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    J: To unsubscribe, e-mail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    J: Trouble unsubscribing? Try: http://lists.mysql.com/php/unsubscribe.php
    J:

--
sherzodR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>