allrighty, for you perl/mysql folks here is the trouble I'm having.
I'm tyring to do a transaction in mysql/innodb in perl with the following
basic flow
eval{
        Insert my first record
        get the insert_id
                (using $sth->{mysql_insert_id})
        now perform other inserts that need that key
        commit;
};
if($@)
{
        rollback;
        and other logic
}

the only problem is the {mysql_insert_id} doesn't give me anything back.
NADA...
Is this a bug only in transactions or innodb? since I know the function is
working in autocommit / MyIsam tables.
Do I have to do the select last_insert_id ? Because that IS working (and
consequently what I am doing now).

using .43 on linux RH7.1  compiled from source
--
Jayce^