Hi!

Ok, the problem the user had probably was calling the wrong Perl function.

>From the MySQL manual:

"
insertid
If you use the AUTO_INCREMENT feature of MySQL, the new auto-incremented
values will be stored here. Example:
$new_id = $sth->{insertid};
As an alternative, you can use $dbh->{'mysql_insertid'}.
"

Regards,

Heikki
http://www.innodb.com