Hi,

> The main reason for this is that I haven't seen any reports that gcc
> should be able to produce production quality code on 64 bit sparc.

I've been involved with 64bity stuff here because we were trying to build a
64bit perl - for file handling reasons.

> If you know of any links or if you have additional information about
> this, please email this to me.

I've not heard of any problems but then again I've not been looking - Sorry
!

We use the Sun's cc complier - this is the standard complier here on Spark /
Solaris.

Have you had poblems with 64 bit gcc code ? One thing I've noticed is that
few people are doing 64bit work in the Open Source world (well, certainly
many perl XS modules are not 64 bit safe).  And I64 could hardly be called
"stable"!

Thanks.

Greg

> Regards,
> Monty

PFIZER GLOBAL RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
This message and any attachment has been virus checked by the
PGRD Sandwich Data Centre.