Steve Osborne writes:

> ERROR 2000: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'dbname'
>
> Can anyone give me some insight as to why I cannot do this?  Do I require
> root privileges to do this (right now I am logged in as a user, as this
> remote server is an ISP)?

What unix user you are is irrelevant. However, what MySQL user
you are is not. You should read the chapters on privileges and
security, and ask your ISP to do so too. You shouldn't be able
to connect as the anonymous user.

BTW, your clock is off by ~65 minutes.

//C

--
 Carl Troein - Círdan / Istari-PixelMagic - UIN 16353280
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://pixelmagic.dyndns.org/~cirdan/