Hi all,
Is there any limitation in creating full-text indexes on MyISAM tables?
Currently, I have a table like this:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS mytable (
        UId BIGINT(20) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
        Title VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
        Field1 TEXT,
        Field2 TEXT,
        Field3 VARCHAR(255),
        Field4 TEXT,
        Field5 TEXT,
        Field6 VARCHAR(50),
        Field7 VARCHAR(50),
        Field8 VARCHAR(50),
        Field9 TIMESTAMP NOT NULL,
        Field10 TIMESTAMP NOT NULL,
        PRIMARY KEY(UId),
        INDEX article_idx1(Field6),
        INDEX article_idx2(Field7),
        INDEX article_idx3(Field8),
        FULLTEXT article_idx4(Field1, Field2, Field3, Field4, Field5, Field6,
Field7, Field8)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

But I keep getting the following error when I try to delete some row:

java.sql.SQLException: General error: Incorrect key file for table:
'mytable'. Try to repair it

So far, I've figured out that the error is due to mixing VARCHAR and TEXT
type in the FULLTEXT index but I dunno why is there a problem. Haven't found
much in MySQL doc about that yet.
Is the problem more on the Java side?

Could anyone suggest any solution or direct me to some resources? (Other
than converting all my fields to TEXT :))

Many THANKS!!!

Al