On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 02:02:49AM -0000, Rob Moore wrote:
> Hi there
>
> Apologies if this has been asked before; couldnt find anything
> in archives...
>
> We have a mysql database on a web server that I transfer manually to
> an office machine, and a different database on the office machine
> that I transfer to the web server.  In each case only the database
> on the machine I transfer from ever gets updated. On the "receiving"
> machine read-only operations are performed.

MySQL's replication should work great for this, provided there's no
firewall in the way.

> Can anyone tell me if is possible to set up some sort of replication
> scheme/schedule for this; I understood (possibly mistakenly) that
> replication involves nominating a master and a slave for each entire
> server, not per database.

You can set it up so that the slave only gets updates to certain
databases.  Have you looked at the replication docs in the manual yet?

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Technical Yahoo - Yahoo Finance

MySQL 3.23.47-max: up 40 days, processed 1,198,178,348 queries (342/sec. avg)