On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 11:26:05AM +0800, TH Leung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use the MySQLManager and enter a SQL statement with a "in" keyword, but an
> error message of syntax error occurs, I verify the SQL by plugging it to MS
> SQL Server 2000, it works without error, so I would like to know if the "in"
> keyword only functions on the Linux platform but not on the Windows
> platform? The MySQL version I am now using is 4.0-Max alpha and the MyODBC
> version is 2.5.

Verifying a SQL statement by sending it a different database engine than
MySQL will only tell you that it works with that engine.  It won't tell
you anything about possible differences between the Linux and Windows
versions of MySQL.

Probably you're using IN in query that uses a sub-select.  If that's
true, the answer to your question can be found in the MySQL manual:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/A/N/ANSI_diff_Sub-selects.html