Hi,

I use the MySQLManager and enter a SQL statement with a "in" keyword, but an
error message of syntax error occurs, I verify the SQL by plugging it to MS
SQL Server 2000, it works without error, so I would like to know if the "in"
keyword only functions on the Linux platform but not on the Windows
platform? The MySQL version I am now using is 4.0-Max alpha and the MyODBC
version is 2.5.

Moreover, currently I come across another problem of using MySQL on Windows
platform. The MySQL database contains several tables which have Chinese
(BIG5) characters as data value, and I have constructed some programs in
PowerBuilder to  capture these Chinese data. The programs seem function
normally and the data is really captured into the tables. However, when I
try to use the "mysqlcheck" or "myisamchk" on these tables, a message saying
that the "XXX.MYD needs to be recreate" is appeared. I think the indexes of
these tables are corrupted. So, do you have any experiences that can share
with me in capturing Chinese data?

Thank you very much for your help.