I would vote in favor of using vbulletin (www.vbulletin.com) it's got forums
for talk like this, web-based, and runs off of the MySQL server as a
back-end. An example in action is vbulletin itself or
community.installshield.com. Very slick indeed.

Kelly

FYI, I'm somewhat biased in favor of it because I have set up this program
and know how well it works. It's a great example of PHP and MySQL working
together.

>Hi Matt,
>
>I am sure this has been said before so my apologies if I bore!
>
>Most mail clients let you setup rules.  For the mySQL list I automatically
>redirect all messages into a separate folder based on the [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>email address.  This creates a fabulous resource that can be searched
>(title
>and text) and can be read or ignored by choice.
>
>I am not a great fan of Newsgroups - they get spammed too much and messages
>get lost or archived.  Some ISPs carry them, some don't.  All too hit and
>miss for a resource on which I rely and am very grateful for.
>
>Tony

Kelly Firkins
[EMAIL PROTECTED]