MySQL full text indexing looks attractive, but I'm puzzled as to how to
use it
for my application.

I'm storing documents that I'd like to be full-text indexed, but each
document can have multiple revisions. I'm currently storing each
revision in full. The fulltext relevance criteria don't work well with
this: if a document has many revisions, then all the words in that
document become (artificially) less relevant.

Perhaps the boolean search facilities will overcome this difficulty in
4.0.1, I'm unclear on that.

Can anyone suggest ways around this?

Thanks,
Bob Sidebotham