Thanks for the note, Sergei. I admit to being confused by the
documentation on boolean search. In particular, exactly what the problem
domain for the two algorithms is supposed to be (and how relevancy is
computed with boolean search). I don't understand why boolean search has
(it seems) a totally different approach to relevancy.

Or to ask it a different way, which applications would use non-boolean
search, and why?

Also my understanding from the documentation and release notes is that
boolean search is only available in 4.0.1, which is not yet available.
Is this correct?

Thanks,
Bob