At 08:06 PM 12/17/01 +0000, Kevin Donnelly wrote:
>On Monday 17 December 2001 15:04, David VanHorn wrote:
> > I killed all Mysql processes, and confirmed that they are killed (ps -ef |
> > grep mysql)
> > Then I restart with  safe_mysqld --skip-grant-tables
> > Trying to log in to mysql in any way, including mysql -h localhost mysql
> > or mysql root  or mysql root -p gives me the failed password error again.
>
>The only time I ever did this, I did the following:
>
>- safe_mysqld --skip-grant-tables
>
>- mysql -u root mysql

That's where I'm stuck, I can't get in with anything like the above.

>You don't seem to be including the -u marker in the options you have tried
>above.

My mistake, I can't cut and paste from my terminal client (putty)

--
Dave's Engineering Page: http://www.dvanhorn.org

Got a need to read Bar codes?  http://www.barcodechip.com
Bi-directional read of UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, EAN-13, JAN, and Bookland, with
two or five digit supplemental codes, in an 8 pin chip, with NO external parts.