Hi!

On Dec 20, Mark Maunder wrote:

> I agree with your logic of words that occur more frequently have a
> lesser weight - it makes alot of natural language sense. But there
> should be a way to either disable the '50% occurence = zero weight'
> setting or perhaps disable word weighting altogether for small datasets.
>
> kind regards,
> Mark.

Mark, it's no point in discussing how things could be
done in 3.23 branch - nothing can be changed there,
this is exactly the reason we call it "stable".

How to get rid of 50% threshold is explained in the manual -
for MySQL-3.23.x the only way is to modify the source (one #define)
and rebuild. Boolean search in MySQL-4.0 doesn't has 50% threshold.

Regards,
Sergei

--
MySQL Development Team