Have you looked at mysqldump function?

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Shi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 1:36 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Backup and Restore

Hello,

I have a question regarding to table backup and restore. Suppose
we have a table of sales waste book. Now I need to backup data
within a certain period of time (from date1 to date2) from the table,
and after backup the data should be deleted from the table. Also
the backuped data can be restored back to the table. I just want
to know if there is any built-in functionality in MySQL to do this.
Yes I know with combination of normal sql statements this job can
be done but I still like to know if we can make things simple.

Alex