Hi!!

I have been trying to create the following tables:-

1) create table scenario (
scenario char(10) not null primary key,
copyfromscenario char(10)) type = innodb;

2)
create table attributekit(
attributekit char(25) not null primary key,
expression blob not null,
linkoperator char(5) default 'eq' not null) type =
innodb;

Here if i convert the "char" to "varchar", then this
query works ? Why is this so?

3)
create table attributekitvalue(
attributekit varchar(25) not null,
index attkit_ind(attributekit) ,
foreign key(attributekit) references
attributekit(attributekit),
value varchar(10) not null,
scenario char(10) not null, index
attkit_sce_ind(scenario),
foreign key (scenario) references scenario(scenario))
type = innodb;

Here in this table if I convert the "varchar" to
"char" then this query works. Why is this So?

Please do reply
Thanks
Amit Lonkar