On Mon, 24 Dec 2001 12:37:21 -0800, Joel Wickard used a
few recycled electrons to form:
| Hello,
| I've looked around on mysql.com, and through the directories of my mysql
| install I'm looking for information on benchmarking my mysql database, but
| I'm not interested in seeing how it performs against other databases, I'm
| interested in testing how my designs will perform when scaled.  If anyone
| can give me any pointers it would be great.

Your database performance is greatly dependant upon the
design. If your design is good, it should run great.
There are a lot of resources about good database
design.

Here are a few for you.
http://databases.about.com/cs/specificproducts/

The mysql docs have some turning tips also.