On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 12:18:38AM +0200, Heikki Tuuri wrote:
: The MyISAM table obviously fit in the OS file cache, otherwise 1750 inserts
: per second would not be possible. Did the table fit in the buffer pool of
: InnoDB or the SGA of Oracle? Did you commit each insert individually in
: InnoDB and Oracle?
:
: Setting
:
: innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=0
:
: in my.cnf will speed up individual inserts if you can afford losing a few of
: the last transactions in a crash. Did you configure the log files big enough
: for InnoDB and Oracle?

Are there guides out there for configuring these things?  What is
a "big enough" log file?  Honestly, on a lot of stuff, I'm just
guessing, but it takes a lot of time to fiddle with values, clean
out the database, and then shove in 1 million rows to see the
results.

* Philip Molter
* Texas.net Internet
* http://www.texas.net/