In the last episode (Dec 27), Steve Rapaport said:

> The command FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK has an equivalent,
> supposedly, from mysqladmin.

I doubt it.  If the manual says there is it should probably be fixed.
Table locks are only held for as long as the connection that created
them is active, and mysqladmin closes its connection when it exits.
That means that the lock is valid only for the rest of the commands on
the mysqladmin command line, and I can't really see where any of the
other commands would benefit from having locked tables.

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]