Hi,
using LIMIT can speed up the things significantly. If you know the aproximate number
of rows in your query just add LIMIT
number_of_rows at the end of your query - it will look like

SELECT products.return
FROM products,prodcat
WHERE products.prodno=prodcat.prodno
 AND products.Store="0001"
 AND products.Class="0002"
 AND prodcat.category="Animal"
 AND prodcat.subcategory="Bear"
ORDER BY products.Title
LIMIT 100

Check http://www.mysql.com/doc/L/I/LIMIT_optimisation.html
for further information on how MySQL deals with LIMIT

Hope this helps

Dobromir Velev
Web Developer
http://www.websitepulse.com/