I have a table shpr_rcvr that stores  info about locations where things
are shipped to and from.  Each record has a text field called DIRECTIONS
that contains directions on how to get to the location.  Often in the
directions column the "#" sign is used to help describe and exit number
off the highway.  For example "Take  I-55 south to exit # 269."  When I
put text with "#" sign in into a latex document, latex rejects it (
won't format it ).  I cannot find a work around in latex so I was
wondering if someone can recommend a query that will search each
directions column in the table and replace "#" with "No.".   Can anyone
help?

Richard