Hi!

Ok, the appropriate parameter

mysqld --defaults-file=your_path_to_my_cnf

already exists with which you can explicitly specify what my.cnf file mysqld
reads in.

Regards,

Heikki

>Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 23:23:18
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>From: Heikki Tuuri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: Multiples instances of MySQL
>
>Hi!
>
>You could try the following: make Windows batch files where you give all
options to mysqld-max.exe on the command line:

>instance1.bat:
>
>mysqld-max --port=3306 --socket=... --datadir=... --basedir=...
--innodb_data_home_dir=... --set-variable=innodb_buffer_pool_size=30M ...

>instance2.bat:
>
>mysqld-max --port=3307 --socket=... ...
>
>I hope we do not run over the command line length limit! But with the above
you can get rid of my.ini and my.cnf altogether, or put just the shared
starup parameters to my.cnf.

>Actually, Monty should add a startup option to mysqld:
>
>--read_this_my_cnf=a_path_to_my_cnf_file
>
>where you could tell from what location this instance of mysqld should read
its startup parameters.

>I am forwarding this email to Monty too. He can consider adding the above
startup option. Automatically searched my.cnf files cause constant
confusion. Having an option to explicitly give the path would help in many
situations.