Dear Steve and all,

Thanks Steve !
Yes Steve, I have no problem to run MySQL with user - 'kevin' when I use
root telnet to server and the example as below:

# pwd
/usr/local/mysql-3.23.46-sun-solaris2.8-sparc/bin
#
# ./mysql -h192.10.0.113 -ukevin -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 40 to server version: 3.23.46

mysql>

But I got an error message when I use kevin's account telent to server and
try to run MySQL with user - 'kevin' and the example as below:

bash-2.03$ pwd
/usr/local/mysql/bin
bash-2.03$ ./mysql -h192.10.0.113 -ukevin -p
bash: ./mysql: Permission denied

The directory of  /usr/local/mysql-3.23.46-sun-solaris2.8-sparc/bin and
/usr/local/mysql/bin are the same :
# ls -l /usr/local
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         34 Dec  5 16:32 mysql ->
mysql-3.23.46-sun-solaris2.8-sparc
drwxr-xr-x  13 root     mysql        512 Dec  5 16:30
mysql-3.23.46-sun-solaris2.8-sparc

Please teach me what is the problem cause the error message "Permission
denied" when not using root to run the MySQL program?  Thanks !

Thanks again,
Kevin Chan

<Steve Rapaport Wrote>