Hello,

I've searched both the documentation and the mailing list archives but
can't find the answer to this question (although several people seem to
have asked it). Here goes: What permission grants are required to allow
use of the "backup table <tablename> to '<path>'" command? I can
execute the command as root, but never as a non-root user, even when
that user has "grant all on <db>.* to <username>@localhost", and "show
grants" verifies those permissions. I can successfully execute
mysqlhotcopy as that non-root user, but have never gotten "backup
table" to work.

Any information would be appreciated. I would much prefer to use
"backup table" so that I can execute the sql from within my existing
application w/o requiring that perl be installed.

Regards,
Rob