I'm not sure where else to look to try and figure this out, I hope someone
can help.  I'm running this mysql on a 4.3 freebsd box, dual cpu with two
mysql daemons (both 3.23.40).  One of the daemons is specifically set up
for my highest volume database and the other runs 3 or 4 other db apps.
For some strange, the daemon that runs the 3 or 4 apps, always gets pegged
with 85-95% cpu utilization after a day or so of running/restarting.  Once
it gets pegged, it will never come down below that, even during non-peak
times, unless I restart the daemon.  The other daemon which gets much more
activity rarely ever gets pegged like this, but it does happen maybe once
every two months.

I know there's been a lot of discussion about high cpu utilization on the
list and we've done the upgrades to newer versions of both freebsd and
mysql, although we probably aren't at the absolute newest at the moment...
But I don't see anything that actually solves this for me.

I can only guess now that it has something to do with either updates or
inserts that causes this, which I know sounds off the wall, but since I
don't get exactly the same issue with the other daemon on the same exact
box, I can't think of anything else anymore that would cause it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks.