[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> ##    After building mysql and installing the GRANT tables I start the daemon
> ##    and then try to run the mysql client to alter the GRANT tables to a
> ##    useful configuration. Subcommands like connect and use seem to work
> ##    ok, but if I try entering anything else, even a single character, I get
> ##    a core dump. Following is screen output from a session run via gdb:
>
> watts:/usr/local/mysql/bin $ gdb mysql
> GNU gdb 5.0
> (gdb) run -uroot -p mysql
> Starting program: /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -uroot -p mysql
> Enter password:
> Reading table information for completion of table and column names
> You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A

[skip]

Hi!

Problems that you are experiencing are most likely a consequence of
the bad build.

First CXX should be gcc with 2.95.*. Second, your CPU type might be
wrong. You could leave up to GCC to discover a proper CPU type that
you have.

You would be better if you could find a binary for your OS / CPU.

Other possible cause is misconfiguration of AIX. Either due to TCP/IP,
running of file descriptors, sockets etc ...

--
Regards,