At Sat, 05 Jan 2002 15:15:15 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote...
: fil krohnengold writes:
: >
: > I wish it were as easy as a botched gcc install.  But it's not.
: > I just tried using the pre-compiled binary from ftp.ibiblio.org
: > for 2.95.2 with identical reslts.
: >
: > -fil
:
: Try building a small C program manually ...
:
: Also check free space in /tmp ...
:
: Make sure it is 2.95.2 for 2.6.
:
: Last but not least check that your patch level matches with the Sun
: recommended one.

I've been using this compiler for building other packages without
a hitch.  I really did download the right version from ibiblio.
There's 890MB free in /tmp.  The machine is running the
recommended patch cluster from sun that was released the middle
of last month.  After 8 years behind the wheel, I try not to take
stupid questions to mailing lists because I know we're all busy.

Maybe you can shed some light on what is actually going on in the
build at the point it's getting hung up.  I can repost my
original question if you like.

-fil
--
fil krohnengold