At Sun, 06 Jan 2002 14:55:53 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote...
:
: Hi!
:
: >>>>> "fil" == fil krohnengold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
:
: fil> [gcc version 2.95.2; mysql 3.23.47]
: <cut>
:
: fil> ctype.lo  dbug.lo  -lz -lcrypt -lgen -lsocket -lnsl -lm
: fil> rm -fr .libs/libmysqlclient.la .libs/libmysqlclient.*
: fil> .libs/libmysqlclient.*
: fil> ----
:
: fil> ... then I'm stuck there for hours.  Files called sh${PID} are
: fil> being created and removed in /tmp with this as their contents:
:
: fil> ----
: fil> int main() { return 0; }
: fil> ----
:
: This is an indication that something is not completely right with your
: system;  You should try to spend some time to find out what is wrong,
: as this could have serious effects on other programs than MySQL.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything else to go on.  And I can't
call Sun complaining that two opensource applications aren't
behaving as advertised.  Maybe someone else who's had no problems
compiling this package on solaris 2.6 can offer up a binary?

: Are you using an NFS disk?
: If yes, try to do the compilation on a normal disk.

Nope.

: Can you from 'ps' see what command are executing ?
:
: Are you using gnu make;  If you are using Solaris make, then you can
: get into strange problems like this.

Gnu make 3.79

--
fil krohnengold