Hi!

Are you running mysqld under the safe_mysqld script, which automatically
restarts mysqld after a crash?

If yes, look at the 'hostname'.err file and send its contents to me.

Or, if you run mysqld from the command prompt, capture what mysqld prints to
the command prompt window.

If mysqld does not crash, then the problem is probably some client/server
issue.

Regards,

Heikki
Hello

I am using MySql 3.23.47 on Linux (2.2.17-14smp) and InnoDB

I do Intensive test (=Insert + Update + Select) using C API and
running the processes on the same machine.
Every thing work fine, BUT,
some time to time I got some  "Lost connection to MySQL ..."  (errno = 2013)

The query concerned is a small select (only 1 field) on a small table (6
fields)
(the max_allowed_packet is set to 16M )

Has anybody encountred a similar problem ?

Is there a relation with the  net_read_timeout  (set to 30)

Thank you

--
Bernard CHAMBON
IN2P3 / CNRS (Centre de Calcul de LYON)