Hi,

We are running MySQL version 3.23.43 on one of our servers and have some
stability
problems the occur about every 1-2 days. When it happens everythings keeps
working
but the load goes up to about 80. After stopping and restarting MySQL
everything
goes back to normal (load average about 0.5). There are usually only a few
connection
open at the same time (about 20) and we have no slow or "heavy duty"
queries. Is there
anyone who had a similar problem? We're not sure what could possibly cause
this.

Some info about the system:
        Dell PowerEdge 8450
        4 x Xeon 700
        4GB of RAM
        Intel GBit ethernet connection

Software:
        Base RedHat 7.2 installation
        Unpatched kernel 2.4.17

The database-files are placed on a dedicated raid-5 disk.

Note: Displaying the processlist does not reveal any unusual or special
queries
when the problem occurs. They just run slower because of the high load.

Regards,
  Dennis