On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 10:43:57PM -0600, Jeff Williams wrote:

> We have been using LDAP for our user database for some years.  We
> are now getting into MySQL, and I would like to be able to grant or
> deny access within MySQL based on LDAP user information, rather than
> having to maintain a separate database of users within MySQL.  I
> understand that there is presently no support for doing this
> directly to LDAP; but I wondered if there is a way of having MySQL
> authenticate against PAM.  I would certainly appreciate any
> information anyone can give me on this.

There currently is no PAM support in MySQL.  Part of the problem is
that MySQL would still need some mechanism for figuring out which
hosts are allowed to connect.  Last I checked, PAM only deals with
usernames and passwords, buy MySQL uses the combination of
user/pass/host when granting access.

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Technical Yahoo - Yahoo Finance

MySQL 3.23.41-max: up 5 days, processed 122,691,712 queries (246/sec. avg)