From: Cindy Yu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 12:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: RE: RE: Mysql connection problem

Hi Simon,

I appreicate your help.

Our server is a Solaris 5.6 server. After I cd to the mysql bin directory
bindir=/usr/local/bin and connect to mysql server by using mysql or
mysqladmin, the server shows me mysql not found and mysqladmin not found.
Can you give my some clue? You have much much more experience than me. I am
frustrated and can not figure it out.

mysql.server file shows:

path=/sbin: /usr/sbin:/usr/bin
basedir=/usr/local
bindir=/usr/local/bin
datadir=/usr/local/var
pid-file=/usr/local/var/mysqld.pid
log-file=/usr/local/var/mysqld.log

Cindy

>>> Simon Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 01/08 1:26 AM >>>
Ok.........
Bring down server:
Find the process by useing ps command.
Then use the kill command and then send a TERM signal to the server to see
if it will respond by shutting down normally.
Check tables using myisamchk and isamchk.
Restart server with  --skip-grant-tables   option.
Set new root password.
Now restart the server with mysqladmin and flush-privileges.

Hope this helps....

Simon