Prabu Subroto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>Dear Friends,
>>
>>I am trying to develop an application with Kylix
>>ver.1, MySQL ver.11.15 distrib 3.23.41 for suse linux
>>(i686).
>>I am using MySQLConnection object to connect my MySQL
>>database server (and with so :
>>libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0).

<snipped>

Kylix 1 won't work with the libmysqlclient.so.10 libraries.
You need to find an older version of mysql with a libmysqlclient.so.6 at
the latest. Then compile the client stuff (configure --disable-server or
something like that - check it our anyway).
You could complain to Borland about their shoddy support on this matter.
Or you could complain that Kylix doesn't work properly with a 2.4
kernel. Or the IDE and it's crashiness. But they wouldn't listen. I'm
waiting for Kylix 3, and if there's no decent upgrade plan from Kylix 1,
it will be the warez version...
But anyway good luck.

Dan