Hi,

I have connect to the mysql database as root, and added a user called test
one with the host field containing a % and all the other options with a Y.
In theory I should be able to connect to a remote database as test1 form any
host ? is this correct ?

I am have tried using mysqlgui and mysql front and connecting to my remote
database on my local lan as test 1 I still get host not allowed to connect
to this database.

I am aware of the db table but I thought that if there was not an enrty in
this table the user table rules all ???

can someone help and as well as adding the the answer explain what is going
wrong so I can try and understand.

Thanks,

Matt.