From: Chris Wilson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, 10 January 2002 7:07 a.m.
To: Johnny Withers
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: 2 GB limit reached

As I said in my message (although I've still not had time to look further
into this) this will not solve your problem completely. My 2.4.17 testbox
will happily create >4gig flies - but as soon as my mysql myisam table
reached 4gig I got a "Table full" error when trying to insert.

Going InnoDB is probably the best solution, from what I've seen
so far - will mysql switch to make that the default table type at some
point in the future?

> Enable large file support:
>
> [root@xxx array0]# du -h bigfile
> 2.9G    bigfile
> [root@xxx array0]# ls -al bigfile
> -rw-rw-r--    1 root     root     3000000000 Jan  9 11:06 bigfile
> [root@xxx array0]# uname -a
> Linux [hidden] 2.4.8 #3 SMP Tue Aug 14 09:47:47 CDT 2001 i686 unknown
>

> ---------------------
> Johnny Withers
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> p. 601.853.0211
> c. 601.209.4985

Chris Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.wapmx.com

The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential
and intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are asked to respect that confidentiality and not
disclose, copy or make use of its contents. If received in error
you are asked to destroy this email and contact the sender immediately.
Your assistance is appreciated.