From: Pål Sollie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 14 January 2002 05:09
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Licensing

> Frans Englich writes:
>> I'm writing an adminstrative program for a hotel located in Sweden. This
program uses an mysql database as backend(the implementation is not in use
yet, but my intention is to use mysql).

>> To be really sure about this:
>> Do the hotel  _have_ to get an MySql database License or will they stay
legal without one? I know, mySql is released under the GPL license but I
need to be really sure about this.

>> I would love to buy an license to support the Mysql team but since the
license would be drawn from my payment I'm hesitating.. 200USD is alot of
money here in Sweden, atleast for me.

>> regards,
>> Frans Englich
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>

> If you are giving your administrative program for free, you do not
> require a licence. Otherwise, you do ...

Even if he uses an unmodified version of MySQL?

--
Pål Sollie - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I had a fortune cookie the other day
and it said: 'Outlook not so good'.
I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'