Benjamin Arai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Oh, I don't know how well that would work. But I do know you will still
> run into limitations of 2 GB, so if you had 2 drives raided then you now
> have a 4 GB limit which doesn't help to much.  I would think the best
> solution would be to re-compile your kernel to include large file support
> and tweak you MySQL for limit-less records.  That's what I do when I run
> into older distro's.

If you're running a 2.4 kernel (or some 2.2 kernels, like the one in Red Hat
Linux 6.2 enterprise), that's not an issue. You do need glibc 2.2,
though - and in many cases, you need to add preprocessor flags as
well.

(note that glibc 2.1, which is used if you use the old compat compiler
on Red Hat Linux 7.x, does not have full LFS support. I.e. compiling
with egcs considered harmful)

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.