OK, I sent in something I hope will be useful.

#####  PROBLEM SUMMARY  #######

Two problems seen with multi-table delete:

1)  After a multi-table delete, first query of the second table
referenced in
the delete results in ERROR 1032.  Subsequent queries are fine.  Happens
with
BDB and InnoDB.

2)  The multi-table delete itself works 100% on BDB.  However, on
InnoDB, ERROR
1105: Unkown error is output;  the first table was 100% updated
properly, the
second table was partially updated.

#####  ENVIRONMENT  #########

The MySQL version (binary) I'm using is:
mysqladmin  Ver 8.23 Distrib 4.0.1-alpha, for pc-linux-gnu on i686
Server version          4.0.1-alpha-Max-log
Protocol version        10
Connection              Localhost via UNIX socket
UNIX socket             /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

Machine manufacturer & model:  COMPAQ Professional Workstation AP200

My machine platform is:
Red Hat Linux release 6.1 (Cartman)
Kernel 2.2.12-20 on an i686
[beckymcelroy@indigo bhm]$ uname -a
Linux indigo 2.2.12-20 #1 Mon Sep 27 10:40:35 EDT 1999 i686 unknown

Becky

--
Becky McElroy