Hi!
-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Molter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Heikki Tuuri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 8:24 PM
Subject: Re: innoDB confusion

>On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 08:17:53PM +0200, Heikki Tuuri wrote:
>: Hi!
>:
>: "Weaver, Walt" wrote in message ...
>: >Do a "show table status" at the mysql prompt. Under "type" you should
see
>: >InnoDB.
>:
>: Yes, and in really problematic situations, where you have lost your .frm
>: files, for example, you can use innodb_table_monitor as explained in the
>: InnoDB online manual.
>
>This brings up an interesting point.  If you've lost your .frm
>files, are you totally screwed, or does InnoDB contain enough
>information to restore those .frm files?  It's not a big deal if

With some work, yes. innodb_table_monitor prints the internal schema of
InnoDB. There are fewer column types inside InnoDB than in MySQL. For
example, a DATE column will appear as an integer.

>it doesn't.  That's why God gave us backups, after all.

>I know oftentimes, when we're doing testing with very large tables,
>rather than go through the hassle of cleaning stuff out, we just
>drop the .frm files, which causes InnoDB to "lose" the tables.
>Then we can recreate just fine.

Sorry, but I do not understand? If you delete the .frm file, then the large
table is preserved inside the tablespace. And if you create a table with the
same name, InnoDB will complain.

>* Philip Molter
>* Texas.net Internet
>* http://www.texas.net/
>* [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
---
InnoDB - transactions, row level locking, and foreign key support for MySQL
See http://www.innodb.com, download MySQL-Max from http://www.mysql.com