Salerno, Vincent writes:
> I am getting the following when trying to compile.
>
> checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
> checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
> checking if gcc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
> checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions ... yes
> checking if gcc static flag -static works... -static
> checking if the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) is GNU ld... no
> checking whether the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) supports shared libraries...
> yes
> checking command to parse /usr/ccs/bin/nm -p output... ok
> checking for /usr/ccs/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
> checking dynamic linker characteristics... solaris2.8 ld.so
> checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
> checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
> checking whether to build static libraries... yes
> checking for objdir... .libs
> creating libtool
> checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
> checking for bison... no
> checking for byacc... no
> checking for pdftex... no
> checking return type of sprintf... configure: error: can not run test
> program while cross compiling
>

> Vinnie Salerno
> WARSIM Staff Systems Engineer
> Lockheed Martin Information Systems
> 12506 Lake Underhill Road, MP-855
> Orlando, FL 32825-5002
> e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Phone: 407-306-3735

Hi!

The above is a frequent error on Solaris and our manual finely
documents how to circumvent it.

However, I would recommend you  to download our binary for SPARC
Solaris 2.8 as  they are regularly built.

It  is possible, but not that easy, to make the binaries of the same
quality that we obtain. Using our binary, you will be much safer.

--
Regards,